Saturday, February 20, 2010

Home Exchange Benefits

One of the great benefits of a home exchange is the inter-action between the people involved in it.  We were present when our couple from Istanbul arrived, enabling us to give them an introduction to our neighbours and community.  Conversely, when we arrived in Istantbul, our exchange couple had made arrangements for their extended families to welcome us and host us for dinner at their favourite restaurants.  This is the beauty of home exchange which no cruise ship tour or guided tour can replace.

Family entertaining us at their home.....



and serving a meal of meze (appetizers) fit for a queen


3 comments:

  1. Precisely this is one of the most valuable aspects of home-exchange. My good friends in Alsace, with whom I exchanged with nearly 20 years ago introduced me to their family, the local mayor, the Mayor's mother (who owns the local winery) and showed me attractions that most tourists never, ever would have experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are promoting Senior's Home Exchange. I think you need to take a look at the following:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/travel-services/seniors-home-exchange/seniors-home-exchange-rogers-c-e9ca5.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Seniors Home Exchange were having problems, went off line etc. However, they have reinstated my lifetime membership which I had paid for a few years ago. Since then I have had to change my listing information and their website now seems to be fully operational. In fact I have had a few enquiries for a home eschange recently from others using the site.
    I appreciate your alerting me to the problem however. I am not promoting them but simply providing a link based on my positive experience with them in the past.

    ReplyDelete